Welcome to HerdBoss.com!
When you've got a flock of sheep, you've got a lot of things to track. And tracking that information isn't easy.
When you add people to your team, move them and your flock to different locations, and have different types of things you want to track over time, it gets that much harder.
And if you want to get a 'big picture' view of one of your sheep, or of your entire flock, can you even do it?
What if you want to sell one of your rams to another breeder... how do you let them know all about the animal they're looking to purchase? Is it even possible to give them the everything they need to know? And how long would that take?
Wouldn't it be better if there were a way to track everything about your flock, quickly and easily, and have everyone on your team be able to add information from wherever they are, and have that information instantly available to everyone else on the team? We thought so.
That's why we created HerdBoss.com.
What is HerdBoss.com?
HerdBoss.com is a website that tracks all your sheep, all the time, in a convenient and easy-to-use format that you can get to from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Don't have an Internet connection out in the field? No problem, just download our free app 'HerdBoss for Sheep' for iPhone and iPad, and you can browse and enter your information wherever you are, and that information will automatically sync up with the website when you get into WiFi or cellular contact again.
HerdBoss.com is easy to use
HerdBoss.com also lets you upload your existing spreadsheets of data, letting you get up and running quickly without needing to manually enter every bit of data about every animal.
Name (or Tag)HerdBoss makes it easy to track medical records, mating pairings, lineages, weight history, general notes about each sheep, and of course all of the 'basics' including:
- Scrapie Tag
- The Breeder who sold the animal to you (if any)
- When the sheep was born
- Whether the sheep is a ewe, ram, or wether
- and much more
And its robust set of reports will let you quickly see the 'big picture' of your rams, ewes, lambs, the production of your sires, the expected lambs this season, when marking happened and re-marking should happen, and much more.
Sign up for HerdBoss.com
Getting started with HerdBoss.com is free and easy. Simply click the 'Sign Up' button at the top of the page, enter your name and email address, decide on a password, and you're in!
Once you log in to HerdBoss.com, you'll see several lists that you can add, change, or delete items in, including:
- Your list of sheep that you own
- Your list of sheep that you know about but don't own (maybe you sold them, maybe they're ancestors of your sheep, or maybe you're looking to buy them)
- Your list of breeds of sheep that you're tracking
- Your list of breeders that you buy sheep from
- Your list of buyers who buy your sheep
- Your list of DNA Types that you're interested in
- Your list of Medicines that you give your sheep
- Load your existing data into HerdBoss.com quickly and easily!
- Don't want to be a part of the HerdBoss.com family anymore? Your data is yours! Get a zip file with all your data in separate .csv files (Excel can open .csv files)
When you first set up your account, some common entries will automatically be created for you for Breeds, DNA Types, and Medicines. HerdBoss.com is designed to save you time, effort, and work! With any of the lists, you can easily add, edit, or delete any item on the list.
Getting your information into HerdBoss.com
You already have a bunch of data you're tracking. It's probably in a spreadsheet. You can save that spreadsheet as a .csv file (Excel can do this) and upload it, or use our handy Templates and copy/paste your data into the template. Either way, it's up to you!
You can import lots of different kinds of data, but the one we'll focus on is the Sheep data. Here's how it works:
- Click on the 'Bulk Upload' link that's on most of the pages in HerdBoss.com
- Fill a .csv file with your data
- Upload that .csv file
- Choose which columns in your file correspond to which data in HerdBoss.com
- Hit the button at the bottom of the page
- Voila! You're done! Wasn't that easy?
- The data you uploaded is now in your My Herd list (and some might be in the Other Herd list if you uploaded data about sheep that you don't own)
The data in HerdBoss.com
When you use HerdBoss.com, your data is yours. We respect how important your data really is, which is why HerdBoss.com undergoes nightly backups to ensure that your data stays secure and protected. You can export your data at any time, and you'll have everything that the system contains about your flock in a file that you download. Moreover, we will never sell your data to anyone for any reason, and we won't look at it or use it without your express permission (helping you troubleshoot a problem, for example).
HerdBoss.com respects your privacy. We will never sell your information to anyone else, and we won't use it to send you spam. We might occasionally send you information regarding HerdBoss.com itself, such as new features that are available that you might not be aware of, or outages that we schedule for server maintenance.